Monday, May 28, 2012

6 Months update and Memorial Weekend!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!! I am so thankful for the men and women that have served our country!
We had a great weekend with my parents! They came for the long weekend, and it was so nice to have them an extra day!
We have decided that Quinn looks so much like my mother. I am going to post some of her baby pictures soon to compare, but they definitely resemble each other. I miss them so much. It was so nice to have them in town. They were great and gave John and I a date night downtown on Saturday! Quinn loves her Nana and Paw Paw!

Quinn had her 6 month doctor appointment this week. Here she is before the shots:)

Our big girl weighs 17 pounds 4 ounces. She is 26 1/2 inches long, and she is in the 67% for height, weight, and head circumference. She's a proportional baby:)
She loves to blow raspberries with her mouth or on our arms. She started saying "da da" this past weekend. Her sweet "da da" was up with her at 2 in the morning a few morning this week due to what we hope is a quick growth spurt, and I think it helped to make it easier when she would look up at him to say "da da." I still swear that, "hey" was her first word. She started making that sound after we would say, "hey" to her when she was about 4 months old. She loves vegetables over fruits. Sweet Potatoes are her favorite, and green beans come in close second. She started making a, "mmmmm," sound after each bite this week. It's so cute to hear.  I made a couple of fresh purees at home last weekend, and she was not a fan. They were fruits though. I'm going to try some vegetables next time. Hopefully, it isn't my cooking:)  She has started showing a little seperation anxiety this past week. It was just a couple of times at daycare and home. I think it is because she is tired this week. She just seemed to want her mama. She seemed better by the end of the week when I found her playing with her best friend at daycare the other day.


I'm so glad that they will go through all the stages at daycare together. They are only 12 days apart, and they are right with each other in milestones. We need to schedule a play date with her parents over the summer since Quinn will be gone for 6 weeks.

We are having a blast with our little baby girl. I can't believe how quickly she is growing! I am definitely counting down the days until I'm out for summer. It is going to be so much fun to spend 6 weeks with her!











No comments:

Post a Comment