Saturday, February 4, 2012

We Survived!

Well..we survived our first week of work and daycare! As I was packing her things for daycare Monday morning, I realized that I had been in complete denial about that day. I had thought that I would be fine with dropping her off for that first half day, but when reality set in that morning, I started to feel the tears coming and a sense of panic! John saw my face, and he skipped his class to come to the daycare with me. Honestly, I think he was just as emotional about it as I was. I caught him staring at her while she slept in her bassinet that morning:) I'm so glad that she went to daycare a couple of days before I started back at work. I couldn't imagine going to work that day.  Here are a few pictures of her daycare supplies:
I realized after I took the picture that I put the tag on her bag that has the wrong number for John. They have the right one now.  Here is a picture of Quinn on her first day of daycare. I think her face is saying, "you are taking me where??"
Of course, she did fine! Her daycare providers could not be any nicer, and she was a happy baby at daycare all week.  I love that the daycare is right by my office, and there are only 4 other babies in the room with Quinn. I'm so blessed to have found a daycare that makes me feel comfortable. It helps me feel a little better about going back to work.
2nd day going to daycare




I now understand why parents feel they don't get to see their babies during the week. By the time I pick her up and get home, I only get around 2 hours of play time before she goes to sleep. I'm so excited about having her all weekend! It has made me realize that I'm going to change my work schedule. Before she was born, my hours were 8:30-5:00 or 5:30. That way I could get parents to bring their children in for testing after work and school. I'm now thinking I'm going to do 7:30-4:00 so that I get more time with my sweetheart! Obviously, my priorities have changed.
Loving on her Daddy



She is now obsessed with her hands. She tries to put her entire fist in her mouth. She is almost not even interested in her pacifier anymore. She is getting stronger every day with holding her head up! Such a strong little girl!  We are both working on our sleep schedule for work. This week kicked both of our butts with getting up earlier than normal. She went down at 8:30 each night instead of 10:30. I think we will both be more prepared next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely Fantastic. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific website.
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete