Monday, October 24, 2011

My Sweet Sister

While I'm waiting for my chocolate chip cookies to finish baking in the oven, I'm looking over my blog thinking about how blessed we are to have such wonderful family members and friends that have already helped us out even more than we could ever have imagined! To all of my mommy friends, Mom, and sister-in-law, I can't thank you enough for all of your advice and gifts so far, and I know that I will definitely be calling with a million questions in the future. However, I realize that I haven't really talked about how much I appreciate everything my sweet sister has done for me during these past few months. The biggest was my sweet surprise present that I got when I was home for Labor Day weekend. She surprised me with a 4D ultrasound appointment!! I thought Mom, Jess and I were going to this large baby consignment sale that was going on that weekend. When I asked why we passed our turn, they screamed surprise to let me know we were going to Tupelo for a 4D ultrasound. Being the hormonal pregnant woman that I was/am, I cried like a baby. This of course got my mom crying too. They were happy tears! I can't describe to you how amazing it was to see our sweet little girl on that screen:
John was able to watch a live feed from home while we watched at the clinic. She wouldn't take her hands away from her cheek. This was the best picture we were able to get. We were able to see her suck on her hand, and she opened her eyes. She definitely liked being curled up. We did get some good pictures of her sweet chunky cheeks. She got a little aggrivated with us bothering her, and we got to see her sweet double chin. I can't wait to hold this precious angel!!
It was such a thougthful gift. Jess has been my rock through this whole pregnancy. She is always there to answer my ridiculous questions, and she listens when I'm probably providing a little too much information on what's going on with me;)  She's such a wonderful mother, and I am so excited that we get to go through the wonderful experience of being mothers/parents together!

No comments:

Post a Comment