Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2 Months!

I'm only a day late posting!! Whoo  Hoo!! Here are a few of the many pictures from our 2 month photo shoot today. As you can see, there was a wardrobe change;) Having some pictures without the pacifier was my goal!



We had a great 2 month check-up yesterday! She weighs 10 pounds 8oz. I was prepared for the shots, but it was still so hard to see her upset. She was such a trooper too. She was fine until that 3rd shot, and then she turned a shade of red I have never seen. Poor baby girl:( She recovered quickly. It did make her a little sleepy. She slept most of the afternoon, but I got a few smiles from her last night. I vow to get a good picture of her smiling! I have tried so hard over the past few weeks, but I keep missing them.
Highlights:
  • She is smiling more and more every day! When she smiles, you can see her dimples, and you can see me in her. The rest of the time she looks a lot like her daddy:)
  • She is still trying to talk a lot. When we were waiting on the doctor yesterday, John started to tickle her thighs, and she let out her first little chuckle. It was SO cute. Someone is definitely ticklish there.
  • Her nicknames (so far): Princess Butterbeans, Nugget, and Munchkin. These are the main ones, but I'm sure we will come up with more.
  • She doesn't always close her eyes all the way when she sleeps. I will rub my finger across her forhead, and she will close them then. It's so cute. Sometimes, I swear she is fighting going to sleep cause she doesn't want to miss anything. She gets that from me too:)
  • Starting to feel much more confident as a new parent. I now feel that I understand what she needs and wants when she is grunting or crying..most of the time:)
  • We start daycare on January 30th. We are going to have a couple of days for a trial run before I start work. It is going to be so hard to leave her, but I'm so glad that we found such a good daycare. It is across the street from where I work, and there will only be 4 other infants. They couldn't be any nicer, and I feel really comfortable with them.
  • I'm leaving for the first time this weekend! I'm heading to Austin, TX to celebrate my friend, Meghan's, upcoming wedding with all of my college girlfriends. I am SO excited, but it is really hitting me that I'm going to be gone from her for almost 3 whole days. I'm just glad that I will be far enough that I can't come home when I start to miss her;)  I was fortunate enough to save enough milk for the whole weekend, and it will be good Daddy time. He is such an amazing father, and they will have a fun weekend together! Here are a few pictures of my ladies from some weddings over the past few years:
Shay's wedding

Lisha's wedding








Love these ladies, and I cannot wait to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment