Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Break 2014

I know I'm slacking a little on my blog updates. We had a really busy summer break, and I have no idea how the 5 weeks went by so quickly! Still soaking in the fact that Baby Hunter's due date is only 10 weeks away. 

Quinn and I had a great 2 week trip back to Mississippi and Alabama to try to see as many family members as possible since it will most likely be Christmas before we are back. Here are some fun highlights from the trip. Obviously, you have to eat your favorite meals when you go home, and I requested fresh bass and hush-puppies for our first night in town. Sweet Paw Paw got up early that morning and caught the bass that day. I have to admit- they were pretty amazing, and I ate like a 6 month pregnant lady that night:)


That is pretty much the best way to sum up the eating portion of the 2 week trip for me. I enjoyed food from the Ole Country Bakery, desserts with meals, and all the awesome good cooking from my parents. I was made painfully aware of my cheating when I was informed that I had gained 9 pounds at my next doctor's appointment- haha. After turning about 4 shades of purple, I decided that it was worth it;)



Baby Waylen and Baby Hunter
Loving on Gaga







Quinn had a blast seeing everyone.  I really thought that we were going to have to get a cat after the visit. She played with 3 different cats while we were there, and she was a little obsessed. She chose to spend 2 hours playing with Bigmama's new kitten over going to the beach or swimming pool.  




I'm so glad that Quinn was able to spend so much time with all of her cousins! They are finally at that age where they play so well together. 




They are all growing up so fast! I hope that they always stay close. 









We also went to Orange Beach, AL to stay with Bigmama. It was my first time back since John and I got married there 6 years ago, and it was Quinn's first time seeing all the soft white sand of the Gulf beaches. We got really lucky because everyone was able to come for the long weekend! 

Quinn was a trooper with all of the driving that we did during that trip. We are now almost 3 months in big girl panties, and I couldn't be more proud of my big girl! She even learned how to squat on the side of the road during the MS visit;)  We got back to Charleston a few days before the 4th, and the rest of the summer was a blur of getting her room and the nursery organized, jumping in muddy puddles, and being obsessed with Frozen (Anna braids and nightly Frozen dance parties:)


water festival with Daddy
4th of July 


Love muddy puddles and rain!
Sweet "Acey"
"Anna" braids
 I love getting to spend so much time with this little munchkin. I'm so excited about meeting Hunter in a couple of months, but I'm also enjoying spending the time with Quinn while it's just us:)
Frozen dance parties















My sweet mama helped me do the curtains for the girls' rooms a couple of weeks ago. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and I had no idea where to even begin with learning. We had both sewing machines going on the dining room table! I have a long way to go, but at least I'm not scared to try now. Quinn's room is finally put together! She's so proud of it too. She shows everyone that comes over her room:)

No comments:

Post a Comment