Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fun with an 8 month old!

I am having so much fun being home with Quinn this summer. I'm so sad that we only have two weeks left together. The summer has gone by so fast! So far, I love the 8 month stage. She has so much personality. She is crawling!! It's not perfect, but she is definitely getting around. There now isn't a safe spot in my house. She is able to go across the room before I even know it.

She loves going after my glasses, phone, and the dogs. She gets so excited when the dogs come around. She starts jumping up and down, and then she slaps them on the head. Ace doesn't really mind. He just lets her pull his ears, lip, and fur. Eddie isn't as much a fan.

 She still loves to pull herself up on everything. She was trying so hard to pull herself up on our chair the other day.

I caught her pulling the bottom drawer open on our chest in the den, and then she tried to pull herself up on it. We are in trouble now. It is definitely time to start baby proofing the house. We lowered the crib just in time. She now wakes up and then stands in her crib before making any noise. I find her looking at me each time I go in to get her.
She finally started holding her bottle on her own. This really hasn't been her fault since we hadn't used that many bottles at home, and I never really made her. She has been able to do it for a couple of months, but why do it if Mama will do it for you? Now that she is holding it on her own, I like to title the following picture, FREEDOM!! If I knew how amazing it would be for her to hold her own bottle, I would have made her do it a long time ago.
Freedom!!
She is such a good eater. She has been eating watermelon, avocado, eggs, english peas, sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, cheese, and cheerios all by herself. I'm so proud of my big girl! She loves to prop one foot up on the high chair while eating. It cracks me up.
Monkey Toes

 One of my best friends, Jennifer, came and visited this week for our 30th birthdays. It was so much fun to see her, and it was perfect timing since John was away for a military training. We had a nice birthday breakfast! Even Quinn had a couple pieces of the cake.

 We had a fun few days. We walked the bridge, downtown, and we all went to the beach. It was Quinn's first time at the beach, and I'm not so sure she is a big fan. She wanted to eat the sand, but she definitely looked cute while hanging out on the beach.

We are now going to Mississippi soon. I'm so excited for everyone to see Quinn. The last time we were home was Easter, and she has changed so much since then. Now we just need to figure out the best time to make the 9hr drive with an 8 month old. I'm voting for night time because I can always drink coffee, and it's much better than an unhappy baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment