Sunday, June 19, 2011

Butterflies in my belly:)

We have movement!! This past Tuesday, I felt the baby for the first time while I was at work. I had no idea what it was at first. It reminded me of some strange muscle spasm until it moved in my belly. Since then, I've at least felt a little flutter a couple of times a day. I cannot wait to feel the baby more often! Of course, I may change my mind if the baby thinks that 3am is time to wake up and greet the day:) I may as well go ahead and get used to it though.

We have had an exciting week. My sweet Bigmama bought our crib set for us, and we got it last weekend.

It definitely sparked me to now get this nursery together! We moved everything out of the room, and when we figure out how to get the wallpaper border off the walls, we will begin painting. The glue on the wallpaper is putting up a good fight, but we will win! The spark did not stop with the nursery. I do believe that nesting has kicked in now. John came home from work last Saturday at 11:00pm, and I was in the process of cleaning out our closet and dresser. I had to stop myself from moving onto the hall closet.  Now, that I am officially on summer break from work, I am really looking forward to getting all the house projects done:)


Everything is still going great with the pregnancy!  I have learned that sneezing is a side effect of being pregnant. They started around week 12, and I think the record has been 6 sneezes in a row so far. I'm still enjoying my extra long showers that I started taking during my first trimester, and I am now mixing my wheat bagels with cinnamon swirl. They just smell so good!

We are counting down until Tuesday morning.  I cannot wait to know if we are having a sweet girl or boy! We are going to have a few friends over that night for a gender reveal to our friends. It's just a good excuse to get together and celebrate.



3 comments:

  1. Hey, Laura. I was able to get border off my kitchen wall by spraying a fabric softener and water mixture. It came right off. Good luck! Can't wait to find out the gender of Baby Stone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to hear the news!!!! I remember those first flutters being so amazing....enjoy every second because it is truly a miracle! love you! Oh and I have some wallpaper tips if you run into problems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for tomorrow!! lee wants to see belly pictures!

    ReplyDelete